Our Favorite Beauty Looks From Tiff (and How to Get Them)
At the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival, we’ve seen some gorgeous fashion ensembles and even more stunning beauty looks. From Kate Mara’s fierce bold lip, to Amber Heard’s undone waves, these stars gave us major hair and makeup #inspo. We got all the details straight from the pros who created them.
- •Kate Mara's bold lipFor the premiere of The Martian, makeup artist Coleen Campbell-Olwell balanced Kate Mara's statement-making lips with fresh, glowing skin. She used: Orlane Teint Absolu Treatment Foundation in #11 ($70; orlane.com), Antonym Baked Blush in Copper ($36; antonymcosmetics.com), Orlane Magnificent Lip Balm ($45; orlane.com) to soften her lips, then MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Sin ($17; nordstrom.com). Finally, Votre Vu Draw-Matic Lipliner in Sizzle ($20; votrevu.com) to set the look in place.
- •Kristen Stewart's smoky eyesFor the Equals premiere, makeup artist Jillian Dempsey, played up Kristen's glowing skin with smoky shadow, and full, fanned-out lashes. She used: Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Sheer Colour SPF in 20 ($58; nordstrom.com), Chanel Quadra Eyeshadow in Tissé Jazz ($61; nordstrom.com), Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Bleu Metallique ($32; nordstrom.com), a couple coats of Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in Noir ($32; nordstrom.com). A softA soft, nude lip finished the look.
- •Amber Heard's sexy wavesTo achieve Amber Heard’s “flat waved” style, hairstylist Peter Butler rough-dried the star’s hair using just his hands and Leonor Greyl Mousse Au Lotus Volumatrice ($46; nordstrom.com) to amp up the volume. After nourishing her ends with a bit of the brand’s Serum de Soie Sublimateur ($46; nordstrom.com), he used Leonor Greyl Voluforme on the roots before going over sections of hair with a flat iron.
- •Emily Blunt's rocker chicCelebrity makeup artist Jenn Streicher created actress Emily Blunt’s rocker eye look to uniquely complement her princess-like dress. She used: Votre Vu Le Joli Crayon Soft Eyeliner in Marine ($23; votrevu.com) directly to the lash line. “I feathered it out with a brush to create a soft cat eye and impart a smoky effect,” she added. “I finished with many coats of black Diorshow Mascara ($28; dior.com) on the bottom and top lashes.”
- •Natalie Portman's plum smoky eyesTo achieve the look, makeup artist Melanie Inglessis first applied a thin layer of Dior’s Dior Addict Fluid Shadow in Cosmic ($32; nordstrom.com) onto the star’s lids. Next, she grabbed Dior 5 Couleurs Cosmopolite Eyeshadow Palette in Eclectic ($63; dior.com) and added the two dark purple shades on top, sweeping them out to the outer corners of Portman’s eyes. For a finishing touch, she swiped on Dior Addict Lipstick in Incognito ($35; dior.com).
- •Rachel Weisz's updoBefore sectioning off the hair into a deep side part, hairstylist Alex Polillo applied a generous amount of Leonor Greyl Condition Naturelle ($38; leonorgreyl-usa.com). "I rough-dried her hair to establish a messy texture, and I twisted it up." He used a dab of Leonor Greyl Baume Bois de Rose ($49; leonorgreyl-usa.com) for easier pinning. After pulling out some loose strands, Polillo set it all in place with a spritz of Leonor Greyl Voluforme ($36; leonorgreyl-usa.com).
- •Carmen Ejogo's new tousled lobNelson Vercher, of the Rita Hazan Salon in NYC gave Carmen her look. Starting with Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy Treatment ($42; sephora.com) for added shine, then prepping damp strands with dry oil, leave-in conditioner and a hair straightening cream. After creating the textured look with the blow dryer, he used Kenra Profesional Platinum Hot Spray 20 ($20; ulta.com) to protect the hair from the curling iron.