The 8 Best Drugstore Mascaras
Mascara is often the quickest cure-all for a beauty emergency. While it may only take a minute to apply, finding the formula that’s the perfect match for your lashes is a little more time consuming. Some of the best formulas can be found in the aisles of your local drugstore and deliver the same lash-enhancing benefits as your current wand!
- •Maximum Volume- Maybelline New York Volum’ Express Mascara ($8, target.com)One end of the double-sided brush has a plush bristles specifically for your top lashes, while the skinnier end caters to the lower lash line where tiny hairs can easily be swiped over.
- •Clump-Resistant- CoverGirl Lashblast Clump Crusher Mascara ($8, walmart.com)This mascara doesn’t just stomp away clumps—it prevents them. Use its curved brush for smooth, defined lashes with every single application.
- •Lash Lengthening- Almay One Coat Get Up and Grow Mascara ($6, walmart.com)The name says it all: Almay’s Get Up And mascara instantly elongates lashes while nourishing them with a formula that also helps strengthen lashes over time.
- •Do-It-All- Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara ($6, target.com)Give your eyelash curler a rest. Revlon’s Ultimate All-In-One is a highly pigmented, multitasking mascara that lifts, defines, and lengthens lashes in a just a few simple swipes.
- •Water-Resistant- L'Oréal Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof Mascara ($9, ulta.com)Many waterproof mascaras are prone to drying out lashes and causing breakage. The secret behind L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof mascara is a formula that conditions as it gives you your best lashes yet, through water, rain, tears, or sweat.
- •Curling- Rimmel London Wonder’Lash Lift Me Up Mascara ($8, target.com)Even if you’re a seasoned veteran with an eyelash curler, sometimes your lashes need an extra curve. Rimmel London Wonderful Lift Me Up mascara will give lashes an extra lift that will have you considering retiring your curler to your bathroom drawer.
- •Sensitive Eyes- Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin Mascara ($9, drugstore.com)Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin mascara is all-natural right down to its recyclable packaging. That doesn’t, however, mean it skimps on lengthening and plumping, so it’s a no-brainer for sensitive eyes.
- •Lower Lashes- Nyx The Skinny Mascara ($7, nyxcosmetics.com)The ultra slim brush of NYX’s The Skinny mascara makes it ideal for defining and lengthening the lower lash line, and zoning-in on hard to reach lashes.