Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Frontier #7 by Jillian TamakiYouth in decline - won the 2015 ignatz award for "outstanding story". Titled "SexCoven", it revolves around IRL and online relationships And the seductive and secure world of early Internet file-sharing. They had me at SexCoven. $7.95
- •Monstress #1 by Marjorie Liu & Sana TakedaImage - set in an alternative 1900's Asia, it tells the story of a teenage girl who shares a mysterious psychic link with a monster of tremendous power. Gorgeous art and created by an Asian American woman. $4.99
- •Hopeless Savages: break by Jen Van MeterOni press - graphic novel. I LOVE THIS SERIES!! Punk rock family who live each other dearly. Plus the romance is really good. Comes out 11/25/15
With my aaww internship coming to an end, I want to keep an ongoing list of interesting jobs and internships to go after in January. It's a wonderful world and getting paid to keep it vibrant would be the bee's knees.
- •Atlas obscura fellow
- •Verso intern (publicity/editorial)$11.50 per hour for 40 hours per week. 16 weeks
- •Banana magazine issue 01flipping the derogatory term on its head, this magaZine centers on Asians. Birthed in Chinatown, NYC, it looks like something i shouldn't miss. $30
- •Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente (signed)a decopunk pulp sf alt-history space opera mystery set in a Hollywood and solar system very different from our own. Told using techniques from reality tv, classic film, gossip mags, and meta fiction. Awesome $24.99
- •Tales of Accidental Genius: Stories by Simon Van BooyA collection that highlights how human genius can emerge through acts of compassion. Wide and diverse range of characters. He'll actually be doing an event at WORD on 11/30/15 from 7-8:30 pm and I'm so going. He's witty, self-deprecating, poignant, and just all around amazing. I love his readings. Event is free but book is $14.99