REASONS WHY I AM NOT ON FACEBOOK
I deleted my Facebook account in 2009.
- •I was on it all of the time!Back then I wasn't familiar with the term rabbit hole but I lived in the rabbit hole of Facebook.
- •I was obsessed with my friend count so I accepted anyone as my friend.This led to a marriage proposal in my inbox.
- •I was playing the game where you create a baby and then it grows into a toddler.I had three children Keomi, Wynne and Olu. My mother loved them. We had many conversations about them. (Actually this wasn't so bad.)
- •Sometimes I was envious of my "friends" lives and I didn't like that feeling.
- •I didn't like knowing my "friends" opinions about everything.The weird things is I don't mind knowing strangers' opinions. I think of people on Twitter and List as familiar strangers. I am actually quite interested in what people on List and Twitter have to say.
- •I had to keep up with my excuses for not showing up for events.I can't come to your party but don't worry in two hours I will be tagged in a picture at someone else's party.
- •Selfie remorse
- •Leaving comments and being misunderstood by "friends"
- •SHADEReceiving comments from "friends" that were way out of line.
- •Ok this list is null and void now. By a fluke (it's a long story) my Facebook book account was reactivated. I couldn't figure out how to delete it. A dear friend suggested I leave it open and I did. 31 Birthday wishes later, I'm okay with it
- •I thanked each Birthday wisher individually under their comments so I did establish a presence but technically I haven't made an update since 2009.