REASONS WHY I LOVE TEENA MARIE'S MIDNIGHT MAGNET
- •The song came out in 1983 so I was 11 when I first heard it. I loved the music and the desperation in her voice immediately!
- •At the time I didn't buy music so I had to wait for it to come on the radio so it was a real treat to hear it.
- •The lyrics fascinated me even though I couldn't understand all of them. How often do you hear the word circumspect in a song?
- •The song haunted me when I was in my late teens so I bought the tape it was on. I still have it.
- •I think what stuck with me the most was the end of the song when she sings, "I thought you said you loved me." It gets me every time.
- •It goes without saying that it's on my iPod.