Already on li.st? Open in app.
If this makes it seem like all I've been doing is watching TV, it's because that is absolutely correct. Winter break was good to me, and boy do I have some recommendations for you!
- •If you want to laughJane the Virgin. New Girl. Master of None. All amazing. (SERIOUSLY WATCH JANE THE VIRGIN)
- •If you want to cry"What Happened, Miss Simone?" Nina Simone's tumultuous life as told by the people who were closest to her. Amazing. This is up for an Oscar!
- •If you want to cry but also laugh a lil'"Tig," a documentary about comedian Tig Notaro. Inspiring, funny, and amazing.
@Zeealist is moving back to her cornfield university today and if I could I would give her 1.6 billion more hugs and kisses, but all I can do is write this list. I struck gold when I found this person.
- 1.She makes me brave.From the very first day of 9th grade she's helped me to be fearless. E.g, she convinced me to move to NYC by leaving me a voicemail of her passionately belting Sinatra's "New York, New York."
- 2.She doesn't take anyone's shitShe will stand up for herself and others because she's strong and principled. You can't fuck with her.
- 3.She's the fastest eater I know.Most of the time she'll finish her meal and then patiently wait a full 15 minutes for me to catch up.
I've always assumed that I'm dumb because people have been calling me ditzy, spacy, absent-minded, and scatterbrained for as long as I can remember. And maybe some of those are true! But is it possible that I could also be intelligent? Let's look at the facts:
- 1.I got on the Dean's List this semester!And yeah, it took me two and a half years to get there. But those As didn't earn themselves!
- 2.I made a makeshift vanity set using a nightstand, a storage bin, a coffee table, a full length mirror and a table cloth.I found most of those things behind my apartment!
- 3.My professors write stuff like "Excellent" and "YES!" on my papers.Did I make some insightful points about the failures of the American education system? That's a big resounding YES!
- •My middle school Spanish teacherHis accent probably sparked my sexual awakening.
- •My rock climbing coachI was 15 and he was happily married, but I went to each training session in hopes that we would make out.
- •An RA in my freshman dorm.I "accidentally" locked myself out of my room while he was on duty 6 or 7 times.
- •She sings really loudly, and very poorly.
- •And then she realizes how bad she sounds and starts laughing at herself.
- •But through her laughter she keeps singing, which is hysterical to me.