I THINK I JUST REALIZED THAT I'M SMART
I've always assumed that I'm dumb because people have been calling me ditzy, spacy, absent-minded, and scatterbrained for as long as I can remember. And maybe some of those are true! But is it possible that I could also be intelligent? Let's look at the facts:
- •I got on the Dean's List this semester!And yeah, it took me two and a half years to get there. But those As didn't earn themselves!
- •I made a makeshift vanity set using a nightstand, a storage bin, a coffee table, a full length mirror and a table cloth.I found most of those things behind my apartment!
- •My professors write stuff like "Excellent" and "YES!" on my papers.Did I make some insightful points about the failures of the American education system? That's a big resounding YES!
- •One time in high school our geometry teacher made us do this annoying complicated puzzle and I was the ONLY person that figured it out.I might not have been the best at math, but I literally WAS the best at puzzles!
- •This won't mean anything to most people, but I got a perfect score on my International Baccalaureate Extended Essay.Translation: I'm not a dumb dumb. I'm a smart smart.