Observations about New York from a Brit abroad
Sometimes Americans do weird things that don't make sense to me. And some things make all the sense in the world.
- •Why can cars still turn at a red light?I'm walkin' here!
- •Why do some shops sell beer but not wine or spirits? Then you can't buy beer in the liquor store! Da fuck?!It's all alcohol and I just want to get drunk
- •The 'dollar' slice is the best invention on earthI honestly don't understand why it's not a thing in the UK
- •Subway dancingThis shit would never happen on the tube. Kudos for having the abs to hang off that poll
- •The L train is really not that bad. Stop complainingTry taking the central line through london every day at 8.45am
- •Duane Reade sells EVERYTHINGPills, potions, lotions, electricals, alcohol, candy, cigarettes and even fucking greeting cards. Can you even call it a pharmacy? I love it though. A lot.
- •Mid town is the true pit of hell that all New Yorkers say it isI got scammed into buying tickets to see Tina Fey in Times Square because I'm an idiot. The ticket had a spelling mistake on it and 'lasted forever'. The more I think about it the more I wonder if I should even be allowed to live in New York
- •People say New Yorkers are rude but they're actually really friendlyLondoners won't even look you in the eye