My January Resolutions
I can't commit to doing something for all of 2016. Instead, I decided to come up with some goals for just January. I'll reevaluate on Feb 1st. Leave encouragement or tell me your goals in the comments!
- 1.Organize my "important stuff" drawer.I'm 23, which means I don't have tons of important personal files to keep track of. Currently, I have a drawer where I keep everything that seems important to have on hand (last years tax returns, my passport, blank checks, etc). This drawer is just a big heap of important things - which is driving me crazy. Next weekend I will introduce a filing system to that drawer. Hello organization! 🗂🗄
- 2.Work out at least 4 times per week.I'm not good at keeping a "get fit" resolution, so I thought I'd be more specific. I made a cute little notebook to log my workouts. I figure 30 minutes, 4 times a week is a good first step. I plan to start working out in the morning, as opposed to my usual evening workouts, so we'll see how that goes. I might up the ante next month!
- 3.Make a list of at least 10 recipes I want to learn.One of my overarching goals for 2016 is to become a better cook. I'll use January to identify some dishes I definitely want to focus on - then I can incorporate those into my goals for future months
- 4.Score at least at 740 on the GMATI'm taking the GMAT on Jan 30th, so January will be all about studying. Wish me luck! 📚
- 5.Write an "out of the blue" letter to my grandpa.I don't talk to him much, and I feel like he would really appreciate a surprise in the mail!
- 6.Move half of my paycheck to my savings.I have everything I need, so barring some catastrophe, I should be able to immediately set aside half of my earnings for the month. Yay fiscal responsibility! 💰
- 7.Keep my nails painted.I'm bad at this. I usually paint them once, the manicure lasts a week, I take it off and then rock bare nails for like 3 weeks before painting them again. Not anymore! I have a bunch of cute new nail polish colors and I've made a date with myself to paint them every Sunday night. 💅🏻
- 8.Go to the allergistI have terrible allergies and I keep putting off going to the doctor to talk about how to manage them - no more! Making an appointment next week!
- 9.Write at least one line in my gratitude journal very nightThis one will be the hardest- but I'm committed to being more grateful in 2016 🎆