Ode to the Bbc Show Cuckoo (Season 1)
- •This show is a fucking delight - I discovered it today and proceeded to watch all 6 episodes immediately
- •First of all, I am an Andy Samberg stan, but this might be my favorite role of his. He plays the title character - Cuckoo- a bohemian nomad who is charming and loveable and arrogant as hell.
- •Cuckoo meets and marries Rachel, who brings him home to live with her straight laced family. And the tension is fucking perfection
- •The writing on this show is insanely good and Andy's delivery sells the hell out of it. My favorite of 1000 perfect lines from the pilot: Cuckoo interrupts Ken's (his new father in law) attempt at a heart to heart with a cutting "You are not holding my attention."
- •Also I legit cried while watching the last episode. And I don't mean that I cried from laughter (though I did that also). I mean that I cried with happiness at the plot because I came to love these characters in only six episodes and I just want them to be happy
- •So this show is perfection - and it was a huge hit in the UK. But, by the time they were ready to shoot season 2, Andy had already started B99. He and the showrunners tried to find a time to shoot season 2 for 18 straight months before they gave up and cast someone else.
- •The "someone else" they cast is Taylor Lautner. Yes - Twilight's Taylor Lautner. I know nothing about TL's acting prowess, but the thought of him playing a character that requires the comedic chops of someone like Andy scares me.
- •So rather than move on and watch the newly released season 2, I've decided to just let the 6 episodes exist as a little mini wonderful perfect series that it is.
- •Anyway, watch it. Here's the trailer: http://youtu.be/KS6F57gp5RY