Already on li.st? Open in app.
Inspired by @brimattia
- •TWILIGHTFreshman year of college, my friend was obsessed & soon I was swept up into the craziness. Everyone in the theater gasped & shrieked when Edward Cullen appeared on screen. I've only seen the first one, there's only so much awkward lip biting & bad wigs a girl can take.
- •BUT ALSOThat spring I went to the store with my friend at midnight to buy the DVD...and an Edward Cullen poster.
- •BUT THENLater in college when I was old & wiser and a film major, a guy I liked (also a film major) was over at my apt looking through my DVD collection & pulled out twilight and said "I didn't expect this." I died a little that night.
The ski/extreme sport goggle industry was booming in the 90s thanks to pop culture.
Rereading the HP series & realized something 📜⚡️🐍
- •Can we all agree that Tom Riddle basically catfished Ginny?
My mom (and the rest of us) aren't really feeling Christmas this year, but in a normal year, this is Christmas according to her. ❄️🌲🎁
- •WHITE LIGHTSColored lights were banned until only recently when a tree with colored lights was put in the upstairs hall. (Away from public view)
- •A tree in every roomEach tree has a theme. We do not deviate from the themes. (Ornaments I made at school weren't allowed anywhere near the tree. BUT THAT'S FINE MOM, I HATE MY PINECONE REINDEER, TOO)
- •Quiche on Christmas morningSpinach quiche, bacon quiche, and crab quiche w/ extra old bay. No substitutions or deviating from the recipes. We were in a panic last week because the 80s quiche book my mom uses every year was lost in the fire, but we found one on eBay. Xmas morning is saved. 🙏
Christmas confessions 🎄❄️
- •HOME ALONEI didn't see Home Alone until I was 21...I watched it at my uncle's house after thanksgiving dinner, clutching my stomach on a couch in the basement.
- •Wonderful ChristmastimeLast Christmas it finally clicked that this is Paul McCartney.
- •"Merry Christmas, you filthy animal"A guy I was unsuccessfully avoiding after one too many weird dates/nights over texted me this on xmas. As I had only seen Home Alone once, in the midst of the worst food coma ever 3 years prior, I had NO IDEA what he was talking about. I vowed to never drink with him again & racked my brain trying to piece together our apparently wild nights. (But I saw Home Alone again last year & now I get the reference. This is what people say to people on Christmas, Olivia!)
If the dog & baby got you choked up, grab a Kleenex.
- •Woke upGums inflamed and sore from my new toothbrush (those bristles were steel, apparently) clutching my face-when will this hell end, kind of pain
- •Scheduled a sleep studyI feel like my new rheumatologist is way off the mark on this one. He was in the room for all of 2 mins & said "you seem off balance." I've been a mess since 1st grade, guy. NEXT.
- •Heard an Uncle Kracker song on the radioAfter the gastroenterologist, sitting in traffic.