SEE YA, SUMMER 2016
September 1st always feels like the first day of fall to me. 🍂🌼🍁 I know it's still gonna be sweaty & gross for a few more weeks, but I'm ready to say goodbye.
- •This summer was a total bust.And that was before the fire. Surgery, sister & grandmother in the hospital, friendship drama. And all the usual little messes. My dad also narrowly escaped a black bear in the backyard. So.
- •BUH BYE.All of it.
- •HELLO!I'm looking forward to...
- •My birthday!I'll be 26 in a few weeks. Though I'm lightyears away from where I planned to be & that sense of failure fills me with ▪~dread~▪️, I'm grateful to be alive.
- •Colorful leaves & crisp airFall is my favorite season & October is my favorite month. I power through September (my least favorite, it's the Sunday of months) knowing all the good stuff is right around the corner. 🎃🍎🏞
- •Seeing the house rebuilt & finding a rental homeMy parents found a builder they really like, so hopefully it works out & things start moving along. All 9 of us (3 cats, 2 dogs + sister) are eager to be in a house again & fall back into some sort of normalcy while we wait.
- •Finding a backyard for these twoBoth seem very depressed, they love to run & play. As soon as they were big enough to jump on it, they took over a bench in our old living room & it became theirs. Now they've claimed the hotel couch as their own...no one has the heart to tell them no. 😕
- •Collecting thingsI'm a collector of anything old, weird, and misunderstood. I'm excited to find new old things to call my own.
- •Fixing an important friendshipIt's a mess. A really big messy mess.
- •Figuring out my way back into the adult world...Getting healthy enough to find work & live on my own again. In general, feeling like a grown up, capable woman. (lol thinking it'll happen this fall, I may very well end up in my parents' new house next spring. Pls send me positive vibes💞🔮)