TEN BOOKS YOU NEED TO READ RIGHT NOW 📚
Inspired by @ListPrompts. So here's 10 books that shaped me and changed me and surprised me and I will read again and again and again and will probably force you to read if we're friends. Also 10 is not nearly enough and this was really hard.
- •Perfume: The Story of a Murderer-Patrick SüskindOriginally published in German as "Das Parfum" takes place in 18th century France and follows the story of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille an orphan with an exceptional sense of smell who wants to create the perfect perfume.
- •The Night Circus-Erin MorgensternFollows the story of Le Cirque des Rêves and the people who frequent it as it travels mysteriously around the world.
- •The Enderverse-Orson Scott CardStarting with Ender's Game which takes place in the future and focuses on the small boy Ender Wiggin, who is the only hope in saving Earth from the invading Formics. Card has created a whole world covering the time leading up to and after Ender's service in the Third Formic War. Ender first appeared in a short story and has since grown into 14 novels, 13 short stories, and a comic.
- •The Things They Carried-Tim O'BrienBased on O'Brien's personal experiences a collection of stories about the Vietnam War
- •Into the Wild-Jon KrakauerTells the story of Christopher McCandless aka Alexander Supertramp on his journey across the country and his quest to live an enlightened, genuine life without the burdens of modern society.
- •Lord of the Rings-J.R.R. TolkienFollows Frodo Baggins and his companions as they travel through the mythical land of Middle Earth to Mordor to destroy an evil ring and defeat the Dark Lord Sauron
- •Neil GaimanThis is me cheating, and like more than "it's a series" cheating. But I love everything he's written and couldn't pick just one. Gaiman is a fantasy/SF/crime/everything writer who has released numerous books, comics, and poetry. He has had multiple books adapted into successful films. My personal favorites are "American Gods" and "The Graveyard Book"
- •Flowers in the Attic-V.C. AndrewsOkay I admit this is ridiculous but I loved the Dollanganger series as a teen and I always will. The story of three children who move in with their grandmother after their father's tragic death and are locked in the attic since their grandmother believes they are the spawn of the devil.
- •Peter Pan/The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up/Peter and Wendy- J.M. BarrieThe story of the boy who never grew up and his adventures in Neverland with Wendy and the Darling boys.
- •Cloud Atlas-David MitchellA sextet. Revolutionary or gimmicky?