Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •A teacher (my teacher's pet years)
- •A lawyer (my argumentative teenage years)
- •A forensic anthropologist (i watched a lot of Bones reruns)
This list will be about 78 percent romantic comedies.
- •Sleepless in SeattleMeg Ryan and Tom Hank's most iconic. Only those two and Nora Ephron can make stalking romantic. The fact that the two leads have amazing chemistry and are only on the screen for about 4 minutes demonstrates how well written it is. Also the son should be annoying and he just isn't. Either is the fiancé. Tom Hanks, you play the mourning widow perfectly. Meet me on the top of the Empire State Building on Valentine's Day?
- •You've Got MailEverything I've ever loved in a movie. Coffee! New York! Books! Emails! Dave Chapelle! Meg Ryan! Tom Hanks! Greg Kinnear! Upper West side! Bouquet of sharpened pencils! Pride and prejudice!! My favorite movie. Ever. Second on the list because I didn't want to seem over eager.
- •When Harry Met SallyDo I like Meg Ryan? This is arguably her best. Billy Crystal is no Tom Hanks but it doesn't matter. He's fantastic and mean and real and not a typical leading man, but a great one. Not to mention the script is amazing, the dialogue between the two is evolving and wonderful and playful and funny. The perfect romcom.