MY FAVORITE ANGELS OF ANAHEIM
These are my personal favorite Angels players. To qualify, athlete must have played for the Angels, and I must remember watching them.
- •Honorable Mention: Bo JacksonMy favorite athlete of all time - falls to HM on this list because he only played for the Angels for one forgettable, strike shortened year.
- •More Honorable Mentions: Troy Glaus, Scott Spiezio, David Eckstein, Adam Kennedy, and various other members of 2002 championship teamLove you guys, each and every one of you.
- •(10) Troy PercivalA good closer who kept things fun by refusing to wear any sort of corrective lenses even though he clearly could not make out home plate from the mound.
- •(9) Gary DisarcinaThe first ball player whom I actually appreciated for his defensive prowess in spite of his weak bat.
- •(8) Chili DavisA fun player on some bad teams. Can't recall him ever playing the field, always at the DH.
- •(7) Chuck FinleyGritty SP on some bad teams. He made every fifth game worth watching.
- •(6) Jim AbbottAs a kid, I only had so much attention span for ballgames, but I loved it when my dad took me to an Abbott start. I watched him so closely, I was in awe at how quick his glove change was.
- •(5) Garret AndersonThe stache - need I say more?
- •(4) Darin ErstadThe best team captain in Angels history, and he didn't need some announcement from management to make it official. Gold gloves at CF and 1B.
- •(3) Vladimir GuerreroBest FA acquisition for the Angels in my lifetime. Just wish we would have given him another year or two contract extension, there'd be no doubt what hat he'd wear in the HOF.
- •(2) Mike TroutThe best ball player to suit up in the Halo red, but ...
- •(1) Tim Salmon... What can I say, there is only one king fish. He never let the team down, never embarrassed the organization, and always showed up to play, even while his wife battled cancer. Oh yeah, he also anchored the only World Series championship in Angels history. He's Mr. Angel for a reason.