TOP 5 MATHEMATICIANS OF HISTORY
A completely objective ranking of the top 5 mathematicians of history. And with all due respect, no I did not forget about Newton....
- 1.Leonhard Euler*The Master of us All*
- 2.Carl Gauss*The Prince of Mathematics*
- 3.ArchimedesOriginated the important tradition of mathematicians making great discoveries while bathing.
- 4.Alexander GrothendieckPossibly influenced the last half of 20th century mathematics more than anyone else. Also just a fascinating dude. I'm still waiting for part 3 of Scharlau's biography to be translated into English.
- 5.EuclidIt's weird to imagine how different mathematics would look like if *Elements* had never happened.