MUSICALS I'VE YET TO SEE BUT VERY MUCH WOULD LIKE TO
A companion to EVERY MUSICAL I'VE SEEN ON STAGE, CHRONOLOGICALLY What am I missing here? What's your favorite?
- •HAMILTONObviously. Best chance is probably a Kennedy Center subscription at this point. A fraction of the cost of buying a resale ticket for Broadway and I'd get to see lots of other shows in the meantime.
- •LES MISERABLESI have but haven't read the novel, and perhaps more shockingly, I've only seen a few bits and pieces of the recent film adaptation.
- •RENTI own the DVD and the film soundtrack but I would still love to see this one on stage. The music was on heavy rotation in my car during a commute-centric portion of my twenties.
- •CATSFun fact: I wrote a big paper in high school on T.S. Eliot, and included an analysis of OLD POSSUM'S BOOK OF PRACTICAL CATS. Yet beyond the many renditions of "Memory" I heard at piano and voice recitals in my youth, I've very little knowledge of what those poems eventually became.
- •THE LION KINGI've watched the videos of the cast singing on the subway and would go on the strength of that alone.