NOW PRESENTING "A MOMENT IN MY HEAD"
An interior monologue by Jacquelyn Bengfort
- •I feel so guilty. I think I underprepared my neighbors for the brief but disruptive exterior work I'm having done on my row house that starts today.
- •Hmm, maybe I should bake bread for the neighbors. That could smooth things over.
- •My bread is delicious. But what if they don't eat bread?
- •There are a lot of people these days who don't eat bread.
- •I bet they eat bread.
- •I mean, I eat bread and I probably come off as someone who doesn't eat bread and I would assume they do eat bread.
- •BUT YOU GUYS, a lot of people Don't Eat Bread and it's impossible to guess. They just hide in plain sight, blending in with the general bread-consuming population.
- •*collapses in a twitching heap*