THINGS I LEARNED DURING A MORNING SPENT AS A MOVIE EXTRA
Mid-2000s. Oxford, England.
- •Filming can start early.I was pretending to attend a funeral, and I think I got out of bed before 5am, which during grad school was a rarity.
- •Physical comfort is not a priority.It was cold in the chapel. Like, cold enough that I got mildly sick for a few days after. I know, I know, "being cold does not lead to colds," etc., etc.
- •It's a repetitive process.I lost count of how many times the actor gave his eulogy. I almost lost consciousness. It felt glamorous at first and quickly grew boring.
- •The pay is decent.I got a solid English breakfast with my cash infusion and still had a few coins in my pocket.
- •Colin Firth really is as beautiful as you assume.Even from a distance and in pretend mourning.