THINGS I SAY (NORTH DAKOTA EDITION)
Inspired by @Lindi
- •HotdishFor casserole
- •You guysUsed regardless of gender, but living at the northernmost tip of the south has made "y'all" so tempting
- •PopFor soda, or Coke, or whatever you call it
- •Kitty-corner or catty-wampusHow to describe...if I'm standing on a corner, say the corner of A Street and B Avenue, and I have to cross both of them to get where I'm going, then my destination is kitty-corner from me.
- •SakakaweaYou probably know her as Sacajawea. A key member of the Lewis and Clark expedition.
- •Yah?Mostly when I'm home and fall back into my Midwestern accent while chatting.
- •Uff-daAnd if I'm exceptionally overwhelmed, "UFF-da MEE-ah"
- •Bonus: my grandma calls her couch a "davenport" and ketchup "catsup."Is television responsible for killing off these regionalisms?