TIMES THAT I, AS A GROWN PERSON WITH CHILDREN OF MY OWN, WANT MY MOMMY
1200 miles is a long way when you're...
- •...sickMy mom is the best at making me feel better (sorry husband of almost a decade and father of more than three times that duration)
- •...taking care of a sick kidMy mom is really reassuring and empathetic. She's also seen more than I have—my sister and I are proof of her skills. The only way it could get better was if she had a medical degree of some sort.
- •...angry/anxiousMoms are their children's emotional insinkerators. And I now see that it starts earlier than I can probably remember.
- •...sadNo amount of FaceTime beats a real-life hug
- •In conclusion I love my mom.Can't wait until she and my dad visit this summer.