WHERE I GREW UP 🏡
Inspired by @ListPrompts
- •Lisbon, ND, USA. Population: approx. 2,200.
- •And the rather cliché single stoplight, where Highway 32 ("Main Street" within city limits) is crossed by Highway 27.
- •Some things you'll find in Lisbon: a historical opera house. A nine-hole golf course. The Sheyenne River. A National Guard armory. A place that is a gym, a tanning salon, and a laundromat all in one.
- •My family has lived there for years. I'm related to most everyone, somehow.
- •I lived there for 18 years. I spent a good chunk of that time in the public library. My reading was almost totally unsupervised.I finished Goosebumps and The Babysitters' Club, and then I just went nuts.
- •Every August, Lisbon hosts the Ransom County Fair.One summer I was crowned queen of Ransom County. I got about $700 and a crown and I appeared in several parades.
- •And there you have it. I'm just a small town girl.Living in a lonely world--because though it still feels like home, and I visit once or twice a year, it also feels like I would never be able to live there again.