Books I Purchased Recently and Am Eager to Read
I recently went on an Amazon books purchasing binge. Here's what's on my bedside table waiting to be read (or started reading).
- •Why Not Me? By @mindyI preordered it on Amazon. Got it in the mail today. Can't put it down. She gets me and I get her.
- •The Things They Carried by Tim O'BrienBecause my mentor in J-School told me I need to read more of classic American novels. This was on a table of similar category at Barnes & Nobles. So I got it. It's good so far.
- •Sick in the Head by Judd ApatowBecause I've listened to almost every podcast where he talks about this book and it will feed my comedy and television obsession.
- •Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica KnollIt was an Amazon suggestion for my previously purchased Gone Girl and Girl on the Train. Apparently I like mystery books about deeply troubled women.
- •Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt VonnegutAnother classic novel on my must-read list
- •Where You Go Isn't Who You'll Be by Frank BruniHe's one of my favorite journalists. And this book speaks to me and how going to a small, unknown liberal arts college changed my life. Ironically I heard him speak about this book at Columbia Journalism School orientation. But still. I get it.