Things I regret not bringing on our meticulously planned long weekend away
I made a million lists and planned for months. These things I never even thought of and missed every day on our 4 day trip to an isolated lake house in upstate New York for Memorial Day weekend
- •SocksWho knew 90 degree days could still have such cold nights? Don't trust the weather forecast
- •SweatshirtSee "Socks"
- •LipstickA girl should always look good. Even if it's just for herself and her dog & husband
- •NeosporinBug bites. Lots of bug bites
- •SaltRental house only had pepper. What?!
- •Another bookFinished mine day 2 of 4. I underestimated the big margins. Book was "Euphoria" by Lily King. Lovely but short. Now what do I read for the next 2 days?
- •A magazineSee "Another book". All the magazines at the rental house are old and out of season. Christmas in May? No thanks
- •My glassesHad a bad contacts day so walked around in a blur for a whole day. Drank wine to compensate
- •Tea bagsCold mornings, too much coffee. Hot tea would have been nice, especially since I didn't have socks
- •Margarita or Pina Colada fixingsWine was great but something else would have been nice on those hot days
- •Razor and fingernail clippersDoh! Nails went from fine to too long overnight