TV AND MOVIE CRUSHES I HAD WHEN I WAS TEN
I had just discovered the opposite sex, and this was my babe pantheon.
- •Alex Mack (Larisa Oleynik)I mean, obviously, right? Who didn't have a thing for this girl next door doused with GC-161 / Capri Sun super powers. Don't think for a second this crush wasn't rekindled as an adult when Alex... er... Larisa popped up as the future Mrs. Cosgrove on Mad Men.
- •Annie Mack (Meredith Bishop)Okay, so here is where my tastes differed from most SNICK watching ten-year-olds. I had a nearly equal sized crush on Alex Mack's bookish older sister. I guess there was just something about a super smart science nerd. I think she also reminded me of a friend's older sister I had a crush on.
- •Allison (Vinessa Shaw), the love interest in Hocus PocusPretty much the two types of girls I had crushes on were cute and nerdy brunettes and All-American girl next door blondes. This was the latter. Embarrassingly, I don't remember anything about her character except the guy had to sleep (just sleep, it was a Disney movie) with her and I thought that was the coolest thing ever.
- •Catherine KeenerI can't figure out what movie or TV show I would have seen her in when I was that age (Malkovich wouldn't come out for a few years), but I've had a huge crush on Catherine Keener since before I can remember.
- •Julia Louis-DreyfusEven as a kid I was a big Seinfeld fan, but it wasn't until I found some sexy (to me as a ten year old but ultimately very tame) photos of JLD in a TV Guide my parents left lying around that I really started paying attention.
- •Cassandra (Tia Carerre), Wayne's WorldSchwing!
- •Kathleen 'Kat' Harvey (Christina Ricci), CasperOnce she put on that full coverage lace white dress it was all over. Side note: Bill Pullman is equally dreamy in this flick (and always).
- •Connie (Marguerite Moreau), The Mighty DucksConnie aka "The Velvet Hammer" was as tough as any of the other ducks but her long braid and jorts let you know she was still a lady. This was the beginning of a Marguerite Moreau crush that has never gone away. Total babe.