HOMEMADE FALL LUNCHES TO BRING TO WORK
Fall is such a great time of year for food! Here is a list of some of my favorite homemade work lunches.
- •Crackers, Cheese, Apple SlicesSo simple, but a yummy and easily prepped lunch. Eat these items alone or together in different combos! I was reminded of this lunch thanks to @molliekatzen's great list: Five Little Fruit & Cheese Plates That Can Be Lunch 🍉
- •Veggie, Beans, & Feta Quinoa BowlRoasted sweet potatoes, black beans, refried beans, red peppers, feta, & quinoa. Easy to reheat and enjoy! Similar bowl here: http://eleventhfloorprovisions.com/2014/11/03/tex-mex-veggie-beans-quinoa-bowl/
- •ChiliMake a big pot over the weekend and eat it for lunch throughout the week! My fave spicy vegetarian quinoa chili: http://eleventhfloorprovisions.com/2015/07/01/firecracker-chili/
- •Whole Wheat Pasta with Marinara Sauce, Spinach, & FetaThis is my go-to lunch, pretty easy to put together on a Sunday night! I threw in roasted sweet potatoes this week to make it even more seasonal and fun. No recipe needed. Just cook the pasta, mix with store-bought marinara, sauté the spinach in olive oil on the stove top, crumble in feta, and you're done!
- •Roasted Sweet Potato with Homemade GuacamoleIt may sound strange, but it's a delicious combination. Cook a sweet potato in the microwave, turning to get each side evenly. Halve and stir in guacamole plus any other toppings you enjoy like shredded cheese, chopped red peppers, and/or plain Greek yogurt (my favorite sour cream sub). http://eleventhfloorprovisions.com/2013/08/12/mexican-monday-loaded-baked-sweet-potatoes/
- •Kale, Cauliflower, Guacamole, & Roasted Chickpeas Quinoa BowlI love throwing different things with quinoa for lunch. http://eleventhfloorprovisions.com/2015/03/30/kale-cauliflower-guacamole-roasted-chickpeas-quinoa-bowl/
- •Mozzarella, Spinach, and Hummus WrapEasy! Make it even more unique with homemade hummus. http://eleventhfloorprovisions.com/2014/07/12/mozzarella-spinach-hummus-wraps/