What would I do without you?
My sister lives in Montréal for university, so for a good chunk of the year the only way we communicate is through the occasional phone/video call. In the time between visits I have yet to find someone who I feel comfortable enough around/who will let me do these things in front of them.
- •Show off my new "dance moves"I can't dance. Me "dancing" is just a lot of arm flailing and weird hip movements, but Tyra always watches and laughs.
- •Reanact John Mulaneys entire stand up actShe lets me perform his comedy specials "New in Town" and "The Comeback Kid" all the time and doesn't even complain when I screw up the jokes.
- •Describe my sleep paralysis in vivid detailI think she's actually interested in it!! It is so relieving to have someone to tell my dreams to who won't freak out!!
- •Gush about how much I love weddingsI do think she gets a little annoyed with this one, but she is so nice and accepting of how annoyingly into romance I am.
- •Retell what happened during my day in a longwinded, incredibly boring wayOh my god, I go on for literally hours about really boring, insignificant details. I only do this with her, but it's so nice not to feel rushed or pressured to be concise. She really listens. I love her.
- •Complain about people from school with no filterYou can never truly complain about a friend with another friend. But with a sister, nothing is off limits. I never realize how much I need her until I'm in the middle of complaining about how mean people are and think "wow I would go crazy without her."
- •CryNo matter what it is about, she lets me feel whatever it is im feeling. She lets me experience all my emotions, she even encourages it! With her I can sob about the most trivial things and be as sensitive as I want, and never has she ever judged me or been dismissive.
- •Casually describe a panic attackEverybody else gets uncomfortable. I don't know if it's because I've lived with her my whole life and she's just used to it, but she doesn't treat me like a weirdo which I really appreciate.
- •LaughI mean I laugh with friends, but it never feels 100% genuine. There is nothing in this world that compares to the joy I feel when I laugh with my sister.