Between grief and nothing, I'll take grief
Hi did you go see Ferris Bueller's Day Off thirty year anniversary presentation by TCM? You know I did.
- •This scene wasn't in the movie @playcait but it was in the behind the scenes after show.At least now I know I'm not going crazy.
- •Ferris Bueller is my hero.I remember seeing this movie for the first time in the theaters and loving every moment of it. I was 11.
- •This time around I got a little emotional at the parade scene. I don't know how it happened but towards the end of Twist and Shout when the dad stands up and dances I realized I was on the verge of tears. Why, I don't know it was just the crowd was obnoxiously loud in the movie it was laughable but I was getting weirdly swept up in the whole scene.Probably just because I'm old but it's good to be sad about growing old, right?
- •I'm glad the scene that followed was funny so my fighting the bluster of tears seemed like laughter.
- •I appreciated the soundtrack more this time.See my list here Ladies and Gentlemen, You're Such a Wonderful Crowd ...
- •I still wish I could meet my friend at the 30 year Ferris Fest.Is that even what it is called @ladyprofessor ,did it already happen?
- •Oh well, let's go to the Art Institute instead one day.
- •I miss John Hughes.Random. But true.