The Top Ten Books of All Time, According to What I Grab Off Shelves in Ten Minutes
Inspired by @ladyprofessor who asked for this. Quick grabs of books that inspired me.
- •The Casual Observer Elizabeth WhitsonMy first book Christmas 1974 - I was 2 months. I love you for this mom.
- •Guide to Creative GardeningI spent my freshman year of college copying its watercolor images and planning a huge garden in my parents yard. That summer they sold the house and moved away. Talk about God laughing.
- •McCall's CookbookMom's wedding shower gift. See also classic Emily Post that was her graduation gift. Never cook anything from here but ❤️
- •The Days of Holly HobbyOhmigosh I didn't even know this was on my shelf until just now. So happy.
- •The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Grey Bridge Hildegarde H. Swift & Lynd Ward
- •Bachelor Girl Betsy IsraelLive it, love it.
- •This is a hallmark gift book that I apparently felt the need to co-op as a small child.
- •Probably for its endpapers
- •A Degree of Mastery Annie Tremel WilcoxWhen you like books.
- •The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook Gloria Bley MillerI read cookbooks like novels.
- •The Margaret Rudkin Pepperidge Farm CookbookFound this beauty used filled with newspaper clippings and other ephemera. Love the drawings.
- •Some drawings from it.