The Top Ten Books of All Time, According to What I Grab Off Shelves in Ten Minutes
Inspired by @ladyprofessor who asked for this. Quick grabs of books that inspired me.
- 1.The Casual Observer Elizabeth WhitsonMy first book Christmas 1974 - I was 2 months. I love you for this mom.
- 2.Guide to Creative GardeningI spent my freshman year of college copying its watercolor images and planning a huge garden in my parents yard. That summer they sold the house and moved away. Talk about God laughing.
- 3.McCall's CookbookMom's wedding shower gift. See also classic Emily Post that was her graduation gift. Never cook anything from here but ❤️
- 4.The Days of Holly HobbyOhmigosh I didn't even know this was on my shelf until just now. So happy.
- 5.The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Grey Bridge Hildegarde H. Swift & Lynd Ward
- 6.Bachelor Girl Betsy IsraelLive it, love it.
- 7.This is a hallmark gift book that I apparently felt the need to co-op as a small child.
- 8.Probably for its endpapers
- 9.A Degree of Mastery Annie Tremel WilcoxWhen you like books.
- 10.The Thousand Recipe Chinese Cookbook Gloria Bley MillerI read cookbooks like novels.
- 11.The Margaret Rudkin Pepperidge Farm CookbookFound this beauty used filled with newspaper clippings and other ephemera. Love the drawings.
- 12.Some drawings from it.