5 Movies Mary Should Watch
Requested by the great @marymurphy, whose lists always elicit genuine LOLs
- 1.The ApartmentMy favorite movie. The greatest romantic comedy ever, one of the darkest romantic comedies ever, and a huge influence on "Almost Famous" in a very specific way (not spoiling)
- 2.My Neighbor TotoroMaybe the best animated movie ever. Maybe the best kids movie ever. Evan has so many Totoro toys and I can't wait for him to find out why.
- 3.Chungking ExpressQuirky as hell, romantic as hell, and awesome as hell. You will fall in love with Tony Leung and/or Faye Wong.
- 4.Sleeping With Other PeopleOne of my favorite movies of last year. Director Leslye Headland knows the ins and outs of romantic comedy and subverts them by actually talking about sex the way people really talk about sex. Also, Jason Sudeikis and Alison Brie have fantastic chemistry.
- 5.Lady SnowbloodPlug for the List App Film Society!!!!!!!