A CONVERSATION ABOUT VEGANISM WITH A 14-YEAR OLD
A true story
- •Me: Oh, you're a vegan now?I'm not being condescending. I've known her for a long time and she definitely wasn't vegan last time I saw her.
- •Her: Yeah, but my mom only lets me be if I have fish.Makes sense.
- •Me: Oh, wow, is it for moral or health reasons?
- •Her: Ew, I don't give a damn about those animals.
- •Me: So, health?
- •Her: Not really...
- •Me: So why exactly are you a vegan?
- •Her: Well, all my friends are doing it
- •Me: All of them?
- •Her: Well, two of them.
- •Me: Why are they vegan?
- •Her: I don't know.
- •Me: Is, like, Demi Lovato vegan or something?I'm so hip
- •Her: I don't know, but Ariana Grande is.
- •Me: Was that donut vegan?
- •Her: Ew, that was so gross.
- •Aaaand scene. Congratulations, vegans! Your philosophy can now be added onto the peer pressure list with drugs, alcohol, and sex! You did it!!!!