FACTS ABOUT MY UPCOMING FIRST-EVER NYC THEATRICAL PRODUCTION
A shameless plug
- •It's an adaptation of Moliere's TartuffeBut reworked so that it takes place in the present day, has a John Waters sensibility, and features 100% more cocaine, unplanned pregnancies, and Ted Cruz references than the original did.
- •It's being produced by the brilliant Three Day Hangover theater companyThey created the long-running off-Broadway hit, "Drunk Shakespeare," and lovingly produce very intelligent and well-acted yet unpretentious versions of classic plays. Also, there are drinking games and audience participation (the fun kind, not the anxiety-producing kind).
- •I've been a huge fan of Three Day Hangover since I saw their version of "Romeo and Juliet," which was rechristened "R+J: Starcross'd Death Match"It substituted flip cup battles for sword fighting duels
- •There will be a full barDrinking isn't mandatory or anything, but there will be drinking games throughout the show.
- •There are 12 performancesIt runs at 8 pm Wednesday through Saturday for the first three weeks of November.
- •Tickets are only $15 and go on sale tomorrowThat's, like, really cheap! And you can buy them at www.threedayhangover.com
- •I'm really nervous, but I think it's going to be funWe have a fantastic TBA cast and a phenomenal director in Beth Gardiner
- •I hope you can come!Like, maybe it can be the funnest NYC list app meet up ever? Seriously, though, even if I don't technically "know" you, I'd be seriously honored if you could make it.