IF YOU LIKE ___________, YOU MIGHT LIKE _____________ (MUSIC EDITION)
Pandora is bullshit. I thought the whole idea is to discover new artists based on the ones you like but, first of all, each station has only 12 songs and, second of all, if I'm on the Queen station, I goddamn know I might like David Bowie. That's like saying I might like Star Wars if I like Indiana Jones. So let's make something better.
- •My picks are generally going to be classic rock-related because I have the soul of an old man, but add anything you want, regardless of genre or decade. Just don't be a fucking Pandora about it.
- •If you like Queen, you might like The StrutsWhy yes, I discovered them because their song was the theme song of a WWE NXT wrestling event. They're bombastic, theatrical, and the lead singer actually sounds like Freddie.
- •If you like Blondie, you might like The Hard NipsWhat a fucking name. Just discovered them yesterday and they really do sound like early Blondie. I mean, they're not nearly as good yet, but who is?
- •If you like Regina Spektor, you might like Frankie CosmosQuirkily melodic and heartfelt lyrics. Fun fact: she's Phoebe Cates and Kevin Kline's daughter.
- •More, please!
- •If you like Arctic Monkeys you might like The Last Shadow PuppetsMiles Kane and Alex Turner's side project! New album out tomorrow!!!!!
- •If you like The Vaccines you might like Palma VioletsBegin with "Best of Friends"
- •If you like Palma Violets you might like The OrwellsChicago based! Just really rock n roll
- •If you like The Strokes you might like Albert Hammond Jr!Formerly of The Strokes!! His solo stuff is art. Try to find Yours To Keep
- •If you like Angel Olsen you might like MitskiShe is literally about to explode. She is unstoppable. I am obsessed with her.
- •If you like Neon Trees you might like LANYAll of their songs are sunny and fun and about LA
- •If you like FIDLAR you might like SWMRSProduced by Zac Carper!!!
- •If you like SIMON & GARFUNKEL, you might like JOSHUA RADINYou've probably heard some of his music and just don't know it. Singer-songwriter with several albums out - great lyrics!Suggested by @kate81
- •If you like Joni Mitchell, you might like Laura MarlingSuggested by @ailsamartian
- •If you like Saint Paul & The Broken Bones/Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, you'll probably like The SuffersA very funky 10-piece band out of Houston that's equal parts funk, rock, soul, and Latin jazz.Suggested by @jmccandless