MOVIES WITH THEIR OWN RAP RECAPS
A lost art. Hustle and Flow doesn't count. I want rap songs (generally happening over the end credits) that recap the movie you've just watched, just in case you already forgot. They have to reference the characters, events, and/or title (sorry Ghetto Superstar!)
- •TMNT 2: Secret of the OozeGo Vanilla Go Vanilla Go! Sample lyrics: "Yeah, everybody let's move/Vanilla is here with the new jack groove/Gonna rock, and roll the place/With the power of the Ninja Turtle bass"
- •Men in BlackThe gold standard of Will Smith rap recaps. Sample lyrics: "But yo we ain't on no government list/We straight don't exist, no names and no fingerprints/Saw somethin strange, watch your back/Cause you never quite know where the M.I.B.'s is at"
- •Wild Wild WestThe not-gold standard of Will Smith rap recaps. Sample lyrics: "Any damsel that's in distress/Be out of that dress when she meet Jim West"
- •Nightmare on Elm Street IVThe hidden gem of Will Smith rap recaps. So hidden New Line sued the Fresh Prince to make sure people wouldn't think it was actually part of the soundtrack after it was rejected from the movie. Sample lyrics: "He comes to me at night after I crawl into bed/He's burnt up like a weenie and his name is Fred"
- •The Jetsons MovieOf course The Jetsons Movie had a rap by someone named XXL. What are you, a fucking idiot? Sample lyric: "We can rocket to the future/We can rocket to the moon/We can go to Jupiter/Or play on Neptune"
- •KazaamThe gold standard of Shaq rap recap tracks. Sample lyric: "My name is Kazaam, I got the whole plan. So listen to the man, 'Cause I'M the son of Sam."
- •SteelThe not-gold standard of Shaq rap recaps. Sample lyrics: "It's a fact many know that Shaq made of mills/But did you know that Shaq made of Steel/Feel me!"
- •Ghostbusters IIRun-DMC gets their first and second-person narration confused. Sample lyrics: "All alone on the phone so whassup with that noise? The wife's at work and I'm no jerk and I just left my boys at school and I'm no fool and I got no time to waste So you get up and call, don't trip and fall Go outside and leave the place Now it's no dream because you seein a shadow in the night But we will come and get it done so don't worry save your fright"
- •Addams Family ValuesDid you know that Tag Team made a special remix of "Whoomp! There It Is" for the Addams Family? Why didn't you? Sample lyrics (I swear to God): "Whoomp! Addams Family! There It Is!"
- •Scream 2Master P seems to have misunderstood the assignment. Sample lyrics: "I used to fuck everybody, like Nina and her twin sister Believe me, before I'm comin' to get ya I'll have yo family reminiscing your picture talking 'bout how much they miss ya "One two I'm comin' for you Three four I'm kickin' up in your door" This whole life, it seems to be a bad dream Scream as loud as you want, but ain't nobody gon' hear your scream"
- •Kill Bill Volume 1Let's give it up to the RZA on this one. Sample lyrics: "Half Chinese/Half Japane-see, Half American and yo Oh what a specie, a feminine perfection She got the sinister cat eyes and little freckles on her complexions"
- •I'm Gonna Git you SuckaDefinitely a rap at the end, can't remember if it recaps? I think it does! I remember it was KRS-OneSuggested by @shanaz
- •The Addams FamilyHammer (minus the MC) blessed us with the Addams Groove. "They do what they wanna do/say what they wanna say/live how they wanna live/play how they wanna play/dance how they wanna dance/kick and they slap a friend(???) -- The Addams Family!"Suggested by @darby
- •Holesduring the credits they play "Dig it" by the D-Tent Boys who are the actual people from the movie rapping in character. so good. really deserves to be on this list.Suggested by @micaelastan
- •8 Mile: Lose Yourself by EminemSuggested by @AsaAkira
- •Kill Bill: "Ode to Oren Ishii" by Rza. Sort of? A rap about just one part of the story, but very detailed and elaborate.Suggested by @AsaAkira