SONGS I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO A LOT
While writing, walking around, feeling feelings, etc.
- •Girlpool - ChinatownGirlpool are going to take over the world. Listening to them makes me feel like I'm 17 again and there's riot grrrl shows to attend and feel self-conscious at.
- •Cheri - Murphy's LawYou totally remember this song from 1982, you just don't know it. It has a sped up vocal in the chorus that goes: 🎶 Got it all together, don't you baby. 🎶
- •Delta 6 - TryMy lifestyle is very post-punk and this song fits my post-punk lifestyle.
- •Elvis Costello & The Attractions - The BeatLook, I am a 36 year-old straight white male who wears glasses and writes comedy for a living.
- •Charli XCX - Shake It OffCharli XCX did a cover of Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" for some BBC radio thing. It's on YouTube. I think it rules. It sounds like what I think The Fabulous Stains would be doing in 2015.
- •Led Zeppelin - Out On The TilesFuck yeah.
- •Paul McCartney and Wings - Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-FiveI've been listening to the whole "Band On The Run" album a lot, prompted by the excellent use of this song in the new Noah Baumbach movie.
- •Madonna - Into The GrooveAnd you can dance... for inspiration.
- •The Pixies - Wave Of Mutilation (UK Surf)My preferred version of this song, as featured on the soundtrack to "Pump Up The Volume." If you like the album version better, what's your deal?
- •Petra Haden - It Might Be YouPetra's cover of Stephen Bishop's song from the "Tootsie" soundtrack is 😢💔💯