Things I Learned From Peter Jennings, Who Died 10 Years Ago Today
Miss you, boss.
- •International news matters
- •Challenge -- be a pain in the ass -- to authority
- •Call out the lies
- •Continually strive for excellence (that will also mean people think you're a pain but if it's about the work it's important)
- •Language matters, e.g. "Cities such as Paris" not "cities like Paris"
- •Fight the forces of entertainment trying to destroy journalism
- •Keeping coming up with ideas, more, more, don't worry about being rejected just keep pitching pitching pitching
- •Show don't tell. Let the picture and sound tell the story when you can.
- •Don't smoke