FAVORITE EPISODES OF THE OFFICE
Episodes I could probably recite by this point.
- •Casino Night.That kiss makes me cry every time. And Jim's single tear...😢
- •The Job.
- •The InjuryLiterally only Steve Carell could make the premise of this episode believable.
- •Dinner PartyMy husband refuses to watch this episode with me because it makes him so uncomfortable. That's how you know it's good.
- •The DepositionI did a paper on the rhetorical concept of invention for my Composition and Rhetoric class in college using this episode. I think that was the end of my casual viewership and the beginning of my borderline insane obsession with the show.
- •Prince Family PaperSo dark. So uncomfortable. So perfect. Also, Stanley's Hilary Swank argument kills me every time.
- •Scott's TotsMy husband won't watch this one with me either. I remember saying "ohhhh, no" for the entire half hour when I watched the first time it aired, and I don't think that feeling has ever fully passed.
- •Secret SantaI mean, Michael belligerently yelling while dressed as Jesus. Do I need to say any more?
- •Goodbye MichaelFull disclosure: I've only watched this episode 3 or 4 times because every time I do, I collapse into a puddle just like I did the first time. So many sweet moments, so much evidence of gradual and meaningful character development.
- •Dwight ChristmasThis episode just had so much warmth and represented so much growth between Jim and Pam, Pam and Dwight, and especially Dwight and Jim.
- •FinaleThis was a finale written for long-time viewers. It had everything I wanted it to have: the meaningful return of Michael, a genuinely warm and loving moment for Dwight and Jim, a big and risky progressive step for Jim and Pam, and a ridiculous and much-needed resolution for Kelly and Ryan.
- •NiagaraI'm a sucker for a Jim and Pam milestone. This one makes my top list because of Jim's talking head about his plan A, B, and C: "and plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her." That last look to the camera gets me every time.