THINGS THAT ARE INFINITELY HARDER WITH ANXIETY
- •Meeting people at locationsI'm here. Are you here yet? Text me when you're here. I'm here already.
- •Meeting people in generalIt's so nice to meet you and immediately say something I'll regret tonight while I try to fall asleep.
- •Going to partiesWho will be there? Will I know anyone? Are there activities planned? How soon can I leave? Do you have a cat I can hang out with?
- •Getting dressedAm I too dressy? Not dressy enough? Am I the right type of dressy? Am I going to regret these shoes?
- •TravelingHave I packed everything? Have I packed too much? How often will we be stopping to pee?
- •Ordering foodOver the phone, in person, in a drive thru: it's all bad.
- •Receiving a phone callIs someone dead? Who is this number? Do I know someone in that area code who could be dead?
- •Making a phone callNo matter how many times you rehearse "hi, my name is _____ and I'm calling about _____," it still comes out as a spluttery, flustered, Valley Girl mess.