Best Emoji Coming to iPhone
iOS 9.1 includes all the emoji from Unicode 7.0. That's right, emoji are an international standard chosen by committee. Here are some of the newcomers with their official names.
- •Bottle with Popping CorkMove over party popper
- •TacoSexy tacos.
- •UnicornBeen waiting for this one so Raviga Capital can Snapchat it to me h/t @blake
- •Reversed Hand with Middle Finger ExtendedNot sure what this gesture means
- •Face with Rolling EyesOccasionally good for conveying sarcasm online too
- •Lion FaceHow cute! Want to pet it.
- •Sign of the HornsCool emoji but actually means cucked in some cultures
- •BurritoUpon close inspection the guac is free
- •Dove of PeaceProbably not in common use but what a feel-good emoji
- •Upside-Down Faceuʍop-ǝpᴉsdn sᴉ ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uǝɥʍ ɹoɟ ʇɐǝɹפ
- •CometHonorary mention for being an OG since 1993 in Unicode 1.1. Welcome to the emoji club!