The company that makes Soylent recently released a bottled version of their product so you don't have to mix the powder with water anymore.
- •Prep time: 10 secondsIt's so much quicker than preparing any other meal or even ordering from a delivery service. Close to peak efficiency until we make a radical leap like teaching our bodies photosynthesis with gene therapy.
- •Remarkably tolerable flavorThe food–drink is slightly sweet and slightly oatmealy but what stands out is how much you could consume before tiring of it. I imagine it's a bit like wearing a school uniform everyday.
- •Thinner and smoother than 1.5The texture is noticeably better than the home-mixed version. A finer blend.
- •Eco-friendly bottles...or so they say. You have to toss out five bottles compared to one bag with the powdered version.
- •Small portionsEach bottle is 400 calories. Pairs well with a small meal when you want nutritional diversity and flavor.
- •Cleanup time: 10 secondsMy biggest gripe with powdered Soylent is cleaning the pitcher since the mixture doesn't rinse easily and goes bad. Also less mental effort than loading the dishwasher or paying at a restaurant. Peak mindlessness.
- •8/10I still enjoy variety and am skeptical that Soylent isn't missing a vital nutrient but the sheer efficiency is compelling.
- •We have a monthly subscription at the office