Things I Find Hard About Writing Lists
- •A shorter list than I had thoughtSometimes when List inspiration strikes I get excited and then realize I only have one or two items for the list and feel it would be lame. Five is my feel-good number unless I'm enumerating something with fewer things like the Star Wars trilogy.
- •PhrasingMy writing is sometimes deliberate and I mull over how to phrase a thought to communicate it well. I like that Instagram guides you to make a good photo look great with filters and other effects, and I want something like that for prose.
- •Concern that my list is too much about what I want to say and not what others would like to read
- •Worry that I'll lose my writingCurrently you have to tap Cancel to save your progress or undo edits. I am unsure if Cancel will sometimes discard my work. More up-front ways to Save and Undo edits would reduce this anxiety.
- •Lists that others have already writtenI don't want to seem like a copycat looking for attention. Ironically @charlie told me like five other people independently have written this list before. I feel OK posting it though because I believe it's healthy for List App to have a diversity of perspectives and for popular list ideas to reach more people.