Things You Wanted (but Didn't Get) Growing Up
Whether you would get them for your own kids is a good estimate of whether you were right or not.
- •A/C90-100 degree summers were not fun
- •SleepoversAlways leaving birthday and team sleepovers by 9:30 pm was not only embarrassing but isolating.Suggested by @e
- •TrampolineBut we DID have a makeshift rope swing that was a thousand times more dangerous. The branch it looped around just gave out one day.Suggested by @Kellendria
- •Nintendo (or any other gaming system).But I had a computer so maybe I channeled that energy into typing skills? Still, it was really embarrassing to be so bad at Duck Hunt and Mario when I played at friends' houses.Suggested by @natalieponte
- •Cell phoneI got my first cell phone in college. Not that anything pre-iPhone would have changed my life though.
- •Cable TVMissed out on a few shows but it never made sense to get a cable package since you had to buy a ton of channels. These days with YouTube and TV networks posting their shows online we are so lucky.
- •Nickelodeon GakFor some reason I wasn't allowed to have a colored squishy, rubbery, chemical blob.
- •an older brotherSuggested by @abbyd