FIVE THINGS I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND EVEN THOUGH I'M AN ADULT
I have a general idea of how this stuff works, but I don't think I could explain them without sounding like Miss Teen South Carolina.
- •The stock marketThere's a lot of screaming on the floor of the stock exchange. There are bells going off. Numbers are going up and down. And somehow all of that affects my Roth IRA.
- •How this list goes from my phone to yours.I use the interwebs, but how this whole thing works is still a mystery the answer to which Bill Gates will take to his grave.
- •How cameras and microphones are positioned in a way that we never see them in the TV show or movie.I know it's all about editing, but it's still pretty magical.
- •Why it took so long for Hanes to make tagless t-shirts.We landed on the moon in '69, but we couldn't conquer non-itchy t-shirts until the 21st century.
- •The proper temperature for clearing condensation off my windshield.Wipers. Defrost. Hot air. Cold air. Rinse. Repeat. Nothing works. But hey, I have a voice coming out of my dash telling me the precise moment to turn left, so I guess it doesn't matter that I can't see six feet in front of the car.