If I Got £100k Tomorrow
I might redo this list over time to see how my thinking changes. I'm assuming it's £100k after tax.
- •£10k tithe.We pray "thy kingdom come and thy will be done", so we should support that.
- •£4k a new-enough-to-be-decent car
- •£500 a dishwasher + fitting of it.
- •£1000 take up some carpets and lay wooden flooring
- •£600 get a better mobile phoneWe're reaching a point that the quality and advantages of top phone's cameras+processing negates the need to also carry DSLRs/video cameras for almost every scenario.
- •£1000 get a new laptop and a decent backup system in place
- •£800 fitted wardrobes and better organised storage space
- •£10k Take my wife Debbie to Paris, Venice, Milan, London, New York, and Auschwitz
- •£7k Employ some help for a personal project: the Scottish Tech Map
- •£3k Employ some help for a similar fledgling project with my wife: the Scottish Fashion Map
- •£remainder Save and invest
- •£remainder reduce hours at work and free up time for advancing personal projects and personal development.