A Girlfriend's Guide to Star Wars
Public list request from @originalamericantrt
- •It obviously matters to him. And so do you. That's why he wants to experience it with you.So just roll with it and choose to be flattered.
- •The characters have less depth than a made-for-Lifetime romanceThis is actually by design because Star Wars characters are based on literary archetypes. And because George Lucas can't write dialogue.
- •This is more about reliving a childhood experience than seeing a good movieJust prepare yourself... It probably won't be a great movie. In fact, several hours later you're going pause and think: "WTF did I just watch??!"
- •This is all about good vs. evil, light vs. dark, freedom fighters vs. totalitarianism, selflessness vs. egoYou know... Light-hearted stuff
- •Somebody standing in line may ask you which movie you think is bestIt's probably a conversation you want to avoid. But if you can't duck out, the only correct answer is "The Empire Strikes Back." But don't call it Episode V. That will out you.
- •Remember... This is Part 1 of a trilogy. So the end is going to kinda suck.And that you'll probably be asked to the future movies too.
- •Just try to suspend belief and try to have funIt could be much worse... You could be watching a Michael Bay movie!