Essential Movies My Little Guy Needs to See Someday
I've got my list started of guy movies that inspire and/or kick ass ... but always open to suggestions!
- •The Shawshank RedemptionTakeaways: Even in the face of injustice, be true to yourself. Get busy living, or get busy dying. "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies."
- •Lord of the RingsTakeaways: Courage. Loyalty. "There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for."
- •Les MiserablesTakeaways: No man is beyond redemption. Even a small kindness can change peoples' lives. "Who am I? I'm Jean Valjean."
- •Star WarsTakeaways: Steer clear of Sand People. In their darkest hour, the forces of good find a way to triumph. "The Force is strong with this one."
- •Last of the MohicansTakeaways: Live in harmony with nature and other men, even in the face of greed and evil. "It is more stirring to my blood than any imagining could possibly have been"
- •Crimson TideTakeaways: When the path seems convoluted, err on the side that doesn't destroy the world. "I don't mean to suggest that you're indecisive, Mr. Hunter. Not at all. Just complicated."
- •Raiders of the Lost ArkTakeaways: Never trust a Nazi. Don't bring a scimitar to a gun fight. "I hate snakes."
- •GladiatorTakeaways: Honor your ancestors. What we do in life echoes in eternity. "At my signal, unleash hell."
- •SupermanTakeaways: A hero does what is right, even at great personal cost. "He will not be alone. He will never be alone."
- •RudyTakeaways: Perseverance. "Since when are you the quitting kind?"
- •AirplaneTakeaways: There's a hero in all of us. "I am serious. And don't call me Shirley."
- •The GooniesGoonies never say die. Friends til the end.Suggested by @wonderishmama
- •The Princess BrideBecause true love.
- •The Big Lebowski.When he's older. Mug older.Suggested by @pili_ervin