Feature Ideas for the List App
@list is a wonderful community and a darn-near perfect app. Here's my unsolicited $0.02 as a web developer for small improvements. I'm curious to hear your thoughts or suggestions.
- •Top-Level CategoriesThe keyword search works really well, but wouldn't it be nice to browse lists by genre, like "humor," "satire," "travel," "self-help," "how-to" etc? Listers could self-categorize their content.
- •List LocationsWe could also tag/search lists by city, state, country ... helping to create local communities as well as build travelogues for visitors, etc.
- •A contextual "actions" menu on people, lists and commentsI have trouble remembering when to swipe, tap, tap-hold and when to double-tap.
- •In-app Audio/VideoYouTube or Soundcloud links could play within the app without having to leave
- •A "playlist" listMaybe lists with multimedia content could have a PLAY button so you can watch/listen to the entire list
- •Web embed toolThose of us who run websites would love to promote the amazing content here on our sites or blogs (i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram's embedded posts)
- •Blocking for spinoff lists (by original title)Suggested by @jz
- •GifsSuggested by @jz
- •Revert back to draft if you've accidentally publishedSuggested by @magebloom
- •Direct MessageSuggested by @magebloom
- •We can tag locations now.Sort of, at least.Suggested by @pili_ervin
- •That little location arrow. Click it, then you probably have to go to Setting and turn on location services. Then...tada!You can't use your map exactly, but you can search for nearby places. I'm not at a pub, but that cool pub is nearby. Also, good beer.Suggested by @pili_ervin