BOOKS I'M READING RN
- •Fortress of Solitude by Jonathan Lethemurban white kid growing up in 1970s brooklyn struggles to find his place (see also gentrification, racial dynamics, music, creativity, superpowers, trajectory of incarceration, becoming an adult)
- •The Letters of Vincent van GoghVan Gogh, college drop out, family misfit tries to be a preacher then discovers in his mid twenties his love for drawing. Details his life to his brother Theo (who financially supports him) through a life long series of letters held on to by Theo and curated by Theo's wife after Vincent and Theo had passed away.
- •In Cold Blood by Truman Capotetrue crime taking place in Olathe, KS (my birth city...!) family murdered by two ex convicts.
- •10k Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verneunderwater adventure! marine life cataloguing! intriguing captain takes on some new shipmates to show them his discovered world
- •This Is Your Brain on Music by Daniel J. Levitinscience! music! captivating writing!
- •i like to read a lot of books at once so i dont finish any too soon. if i like a book i never want it to end.