Ten facts about Jersey, Channel Island that people from New Jersey probably don't even know
New Jersey in the USA of America is named after old Jersey, though we call old Jersey simply, Jersey
- 1.Our famous golden brown beefcakes are not Italian Americans, no, they're actually real life beefcakes - aka cows. Yes, Jersey is famous for cows.
- 2.We don't have the Mafia though we do have 2 Pizza Expresses. having said that an Italian man did fleece me when installing a boiler. In the end we went to the Petty Debts Court. That guy was a jerk.
- 3.Cagney and Lacey are New Jersey's most feted detectives. In Jersey that honour goes to Bergerac. In a horrid twist of fate both Bergerac and Cagney and Lacey had their cars featured in a 'top ten shittest cop car' list that was featured in that magazine I had in the toilet.
- 4.A top ten shittest cop car list would be better than this one.
- 5.We drive on the right side of the road which is actually the left and because of the tax regime we all have Ferraris. Even though the speed limit is 40mph!
- 6.Jersey's closest neighbour is the island of Guernsey which is such a dump that nobody bothered to make a New Guernsey even though they couldn't have made it worse than the original.
- 7.People from Guernsey are all deformed and they still only have 4 TV channels.
- 8.That film with Nicole Kidman and the ghosts was set in Jersey but filmed in Spain.
- 9.Rumble in the Bronx starring Jackie Chan was set in New Jersey but filmed in Vancouver.
- 10.The stretchy material 'jersey' may or may not have something to do with Jersey. I do know denim is so-called because it was invented in Nimes. De Nimes. Of Nimes. Jersey is probably the same.