Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban -2004
- •The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari -1920
Because fate it hilarious, after a multi-state experience for grad school and jobs, I now live in the town where my HS is, in fact 3 blocks from the cruddy bar where this event is going down, and really have no good logistical excuse for not being there tonight. I feel slightly bad for not feeling badly about it. Instead , I am:
- •Taking a serious walk down memory lane by helping my dad clean out closets in his house, the house I grew up in. This is big coincidence to happen today. Moving moments: found my prom dress & the dress my mom wore to graduation just a few weeks after her mastectomy. And a big mess of 80s-awesome shoes that no longer fit me.
- •In a less serious vein, painting my nails black , just like in HS. but now it's not so hard to find the polish in stores anymore. And it costs like three times as much.
- •Listening to REM, Smiths, Love & Rockets, and of course Siouxsie, but might throw in some Duran Duran for giggles. And Bolshoi since they had that one great song. My kids still need serious study of this stuff; at least they can identify Siouxsie.
- 1.This untitled photograph from the "Listen" seriesTavakolian, 2011; LACMA
- 2.Glass shard necklaceCourtney, 1988; DeYoung
- 3.These frescoesBallin, 1934; Griffith Observatory
Like potato chips, you can't have just one (pair)
- 1.Scheme (PURPOSE, 9), Venice CA, March 2016
- 2.Ella Baker (BELLEVUES), Chicago, IFD 2016
- 3.Angela (7TH HEAVEN), Goodwill, 2016
10 days in Los Angeles & San Francisco, July 2016
- 1.Cheeseboard, Berkeley
- 2.Tartine , San Francisco
- 3.Blue Star Donuts, Venice
People know, I usually love domes. These, not do much.
- 1.Heat dome
- 2.Iron dome
- 3.Teapot dome